Back to: Module: Communication and Collaboration
- This American Federation of Teachers article emphasizes how respect and effective communication help educators create a classroom team.
- This web site offers advice on communicating effectively with a supervisor.
Paraprofessional Role (Distinction and Clarity)
- This article discusses the role paraprofessionals play in the classroom. http://www.kcdsg.org/files/content/Disability%20Solutions%20Newsletter%20on%20Para%20Professional%20Role.pdf
- This article, “Roles and Responsibilities of Paraprofessionals in Their Own Words,” discusses the perspective of 22 paraprofessionals interviewed for the study.
- This site describes and defines several active listening skills.
http://www.skillsyouneed.com/ips/active-listening.html – ixzz3mBaGEXxr
- This article, “When Nice Won’t Suffice,” written mostly for teachers, but applicable to paraprofessionals, is about the importance of candor and forthrightness for school change.
- This articles offers advice on how to give feedback honestly and courteously.
- This web site offers tips on how to give and receive constructive feedback.
- This brief article tells which type of goals are most helpful to insure following through on commitments.