If you complete this unit on your own, read the questions below and write down answers to them. If you are working with others as part of a course or workshop, you can discuss your answers with group members.
- Imagine that you are part of an instructional team. What responsibilities might you assume?
- If you work as a parapro already, how do these responsibilities match up with what you are currently doing in your job?
- For which of these responsibilities do you feel well prepared and for which of them would more training be needed?
- As a member of an instructional team, what responsibilities might your supervising teacher take on?
- How might the teacher’s responsibilities differ from yours? In what ways would they be similar?
- What might be some productive ways for you and your supervising teacher to communicate about instruction?