Back to: Module: Communication and Collaboration
Resources from ¡Colorín Colorado!
¡Colorín Colorado! has a fantastic array of short pieces on all topics related to English Language Learners (ELLs). “¡Colorín Colorado!” is Spanish for “Brightly-Colored Colorado.” It seems to be the best resource on the web. Here is the top-level page for all their resources:
The site provides many hundreds of short articles on all topics related to ELLs, each packed with useful tips. We highlight just a few:
- ELL strategies for parapros (includes three video interviews, two of them with parapros):
- Getting to know your ELLs:
- Reading comprehension for ELLs:
- ELLs and the language of school:
- Math instruction for ELLs:
- Prepared by the National Council of Teachers of English, this short and readable brief (six pages of text) provides a lot of information fast:
- This guide (written in part for parapros) is from the What Works Clearinghouse. Tip: consult pages 6-7 for the specific recommendations.