- This article about how respect and effective communication help educators create a classroom team (from the American Federation of Teachers).
- This web site offers advice on communicating effectively with a supervisor.
Paraprofessional Role (Distinction and Clarity)
- This article discusses the role paraprofessionals play in the classroom.
- This short article (from the National Resource Center for Paraeducators) makes very clear the contrast between the roles of teacher and parapros.
- This site describes and defines several active listening skills.
- This article, “When Nice Won’t Suffice,” is about the importance of candor and forthrightness for school change.
- This articles offers advice on how to give feedback honestly and courteously.
- “Seven Keys to Effective Feedback” describes what constructive feedback looks like and how to provide it. The author also addresses the question, “What is true feedback—and how can it improve learning?”
- This excerpt from the book, Atomic Habits talks briefly about why follow through is so difficult and how to improve it.